Published on October 22nd, 2009 | by urosz3
WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine in Ash Wood with S4 Monitor
Super rowing machine
The WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine in Ash Wood with S4 Monitor can be easyly flip up and put in the corner of bedroom. I can be roll out on balcony in the morning to enjoy the cool breeze while rowing. The WaterRower S4 computer has all that a rower needs, When rowing you can really enjoy the sound of the water, it does remind us of hearing the water run up against a fiberglass hull of a boat, and the dripping of water between each stroke.
The WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine in Ash Wood with S4 Monitor is handcrafted from solid Ash wood, finished with a honey oak stain and danish oil. Wood has been chosen due to its marvellous engineering properties, primary amongst these is its ability to absorb sound and vibration enhancing the WaterRower’s quietness and smoothness of use. The WaterRower’s patented WaterFlywheel has been specifically designed to emulate the dynamics of a boat moving though water and is unsurpassed in its simulation of the physical and physiological benefits of rowing.Rowing has long been recognized as the perfect aerobic pursuit, with naturally smooth and flowing movements that don’t tax the joints but do boost the heart rate.
From a fitness perspective, the WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine in Ash Wood with S4 Monitor works almost 90 percent of your muscle mass, helping strengthen your muscles while burning far more calories than most other aerobic machines.
- Handcrafted rowing machine with “water flywheel” that replicates actual rowing feel
- Flywheel sits in enclosed water tank to provide smooth, quiet, self-regulated resistance
- Series 4 performance monitor tracks workout intensity, stroke rate, heart rate, and more
- Solid ash and stained honey oak construction absorbs sound and vibration
- Stores upright; measures 84 x 21 x 22 inches (W x H x D) and weighs 117 pounds
- In Use: Length – 82.25” / 209 cm, Width – 22.25” / 57 cm, Height – 20” / 51 cm
- Stored: Depth – 20” / 51 cm, Width – 22.25” / 57 cm, Height – 82.25” / 209 cm
- Weight: 66.5 lbs / 30.5 kg (dry), 103.5 lb / 47 kg (17 l of water)
Silky Smooth and Soothingly Silent
The WaterRower’s silky smooth action makes it a pleasure to use, replicating not only the superb physical benefits of rowing but much of the aesthetic pleasure as well. Like rowing, the connection is fluid, there is no impact, jerkiness and jarring typical of lesser rowing machines. WaterRower’s patented WaterFlywheel replicates the same physical dynamics as rowing, making its operation equally as peaceful.
The S4 Monitor has been designed with user friendliness in mind. It has been designed for easy QuickStart of most functions, simply press the on button and away you row. Delve a little deeper and there are many more advanced functions for the novice through the elite user.
The S4 Monitor displays intensity in m/s (meters per second), mph (mile per hour), /500m (time per 500 meters), /2km (time per 2 kilometers), watts and calories per hour. It Displays Stroke rate, Heart rate (with optional heart rate attachment), Distance in units of meters, kilometers, miles and total strokes and duration.
S4 Monitor- Features
- QuickStart Feature
- AutoStore Feature
- Heart rate Zone Feature
- Distance Workout Feature
- Interval Workout Feature
- Manual Workouts Settings Storage
- Projected Distance
etc… More on S4 monitor featured: http://www.waterrower.com/products_s4.php
Why is the WaterRower a better equipment in my opinion?
- A lot smoother rowing action than the Concept2. Not only because the patented Water Flywheel, but also because instead of a chain, the WaterRower utilizes pulleys and a high-strength strap. The strap rolls on industrial grade pulleys, and is practically silent. The Concept2′s chain makes a noise as the metal chain advances over the cogs, and because of this, it also rattles. It takes away from the natural feeling of rowing.
- The Water Flywheel’s sound is incredible. The swooshing water in the tank is incredibly soothing and relaxing. The whirr of the air-resistance on the Concept2 does not compare.
- This one is objective, but in my opinion the WaterRower, especially the wood series looks a lot more aesthetical than the metal construction Concept2.
- The clutch on the WaterRower is incredible. On the Concept2, there always is a very slight jerk at the beginning of a stroke, because the clutch on that machine does not engage immediately as you start applying force to the bar. On the WaterRower, the action is instantaneous. It is imperceptible, and the jerking feeling is non-existent.
- Storage: if you have limited space, the WaterRower beats anything else out there. Standing it up, it stores in as little of space as a kitchen seat. Stores in the corner neatly and looks good. The metal contraption of other rowing machines does not come close to this ease of storage. The Concept2 in particular must be folded first, before it can be reasonably stored. You won’t want to do that setup every day, and you will want to use your equipment every day. With the WaterRower, the setup is 1 second. Simply flip down. That’s it.
- The WaterRower’s seat is very comfortable. It glides on two rails placed about a foot apart, which lends it a lot of stability. There are vertical and horizontal bearings, 4 each, so there are 8 bearings in total. This gives the seat an incredible stability. I cannot attest to the longevity of this design, but common sense tells me that 8 bearings will lost a lot longer than 2 on the Concept2. The seat material is just the right hardness, not too soft, no too hard.
- Assembly is a snap by the way. I do not know what’s involved in assembling the Concept2, but the WaterRower’s setup is really easy. If you ever took anything home from Ikea, and managed to put it together, you will have a lot easier time with your WaterRower rowing machine.
- I love the performance monitor. I bought the heart rate attachment (at $50 it’s a no-brainer) and the heart rate zone programs are fantastic. Great motivator. Mind you, the Concept2 also comes with a heart rate monitor and it is just as good as the WaterRower in that regard, if not better. source:WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine Amazon Reviews